One of our contacts has received the following from One Dulwich who are opposing the road closures in the area. It includes a link to a brilliant YouTube video showing the resulting traffic queues:
Your Action Needed Dear all, Six key issues that need your urgent action this week:
1) Register for the May review If you haven’t already done so, please register for the May review of the current Dulwich LTNs. Our report on ‘Who closed Dulwich Village junction?’, which looks at an earlier review in 2019, raises serious concerns about the Council’s ability to run a public consultation. The process was poor, data was misrepresented, and there is evidence of bias and selective reporting. You can read our News report here. We hope the new review will be fair and transparent. When the Council finally publishes its plans, we’ll analyse the structure of the consultation – and any published data – and share our thoughts with you, in case this is useful before you fill in your response.
2) Where has all the traffic gone? A good visual summary of local traffic displacement can be seen here. Please watch and share.
3) Urgent: your written objections by 16 May Now is the time to make your formal written objections to the Streetspace ETOs on Burbage Road, Dulwich Village, Townley Road and Turney Road that came into force on 16 November. You might want to question the 24/7 closures that gave rise to them, or object to the length and/or timing of the restrictions, safety concerns, or the way these measures have displaced traffic. Please send your objections to email@example.com quoting the reference TMO2021-EXP16_LSP Dulwich 2. As always, you can copy in the decision-maker firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and, if you’d like to, firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) The Dulwich Society’s future policy We hear that the Dulwich Society – regularly consulted by the Council on all Dulwich issues – will hold a Special General Meeting on 28 June to discuss its policy on travel and environment. How will the Society position its response to the review in the light of this discussion? If you’re a Dulwich Society member (annual fee £10 per household), please put this date in your diary: more details from email@example.com.
5) Posters and leaflets We have teamed up with the Dulwich Alliance to produce leaflets (see www.dulwichalliance.org) and posters objecting to the current road closures. If you’d like to display a poster in your window, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
6) Please contribute to the fighting fund As part of the Dulwich Alliance, One Dulwich is delighted to see that donations to the fighting fund to produce campaign leaflets and posters, and to progress legal advice, have now reached £12,000. Thank you! Please continue to spread the word. Contact us with queries, offers of help, or new information, via email@example.com. Best wishes and thanks again for your support, The One Dulwich TeamSUPPORT ONE DULWICH
You can “follow” this blog by clicking on the bottom right in most browsers or by using the Contact page (see under the About tab) to send us a message requesting. You will then receive an email alerting you to new posts as they are added.